Jody Victor: Here's some great Buckeye football news about this week's game from osu.edu and OhioStateBuckeyes.com. The game is Saturday, October 29, 2011 with kickoff at 8 p.m. ET in Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio.
Television: ESPN will televise the game with Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge in the booth and Holly Rowe on the the sidelines.
Radio: WBNS (FM 97.1 The Fan) is the flagship station for the 73-station
First and 10
· Head coach Luke Fickell picked up his first victory over a ranked opponent with a 17-7 win at No. 15 Illinois Oct. 15.
· The Buckeyes rank sixth in the NCAA with 27.2 yards per kickoff return.
· Braxton Miller is one of just three true freshman starting QBs among FBS schools.
· Senior RB Dan “Boom” Herron has scored a rushing TD in 13 straight games, the most by a Buckeye since Keith Byers (21) in 1983-84.
· The Buckeyes are 19-1 in Herron's career when he rushes for at least 55 yards.
· Junior DL John Simon recorded 2.0 sacks and 4.0 TFL, the most by a Buckeye since 2007, in the win at
· Kicker Drew Basil has connected on eight consecutive field goal attempts.
· Senior LB Andrew Sweat leads the Buckeyes with 49 tackles.
· Eddie George, OSU's 1995 Heisman Trophy winner, will be honored at halftime Saturday.
About the Badgers
The Badgers enter Saturday's game at the Horseshoe ranked No. 5 nationally in scoring, averaging 47.3 points per game. They also rank in the Top 10 in the NCAA in rushing (8th, 252.1 ypg), total offense (8th, 511.7) and passing efficiency (2nd, 193.1). Junior running back Monte Ball leads the nation in scoring at 16.29 points per game and is 15th with 109.7 rushing yards per game — good for second best in the Big Ten. Quarterback Russell Wilson leads the Big Ten and is second nationally in passer efficiency (204.9). He has completed 109 of 149 pass attempts for 1,780 yards with 16 TDs and three interceptions.
The other side of the ball has posted some of the better defensive numbers in the country as well, ranking in the Top 10 in total defense (9th, 286.7 ypg), fewest points allowed (6th, 13.5 ppg) and pass defense (4th, 165.5 ypg). They also rank second in punt returns with a 20.0 ypg average. Sophomore linebacker Chris Borland leads the team with 71 tackles and 10.0 TFL to go along with 2.0 sacks and one interception.
Bret Bielema (
The series between the Buckeyes and the Badgers, which dates back to 1913, shows
Ohio State to Wear Advanced Nike Uniforms for Wisconsin Game
Ohio State will be donning uniquely designed, highly advanced Nike uniforms Saturday against Wisconsin, honoring the 50th anniversary of The Ohio State University's undefeated 1961 championship season — a distinctive milestone that provides a source of inspiration for a program steeped in tradition and rooted in pride. The 2011 Nike Pro Combat system of dress design for the Buckeyes harkens back to that team, whose offensive power lived in its backfield, led by the 6'0, 227 pound All-American fullback, Bob Ferguson. The Heisman runner-up was a power runner and contributed immensely to the team's noteworthy speed, aggression and smarts. This uniform acknowledges the dominance of the 1961.
Distinctive white block lettering on
Saturday will be the 90th Homecoming celebrated at