Jody Victor: Ohio State plays its second in-state opponent in as many weeks when it welcomes the Bobcats for a noon kickoff this Saturday on ESPN. This will be the sixth meeting between the Buckeyes and the Bobcats on the football field. The two schools last met in 1999, a 40-16 victory for the Buckeyes in Ohio Stadium. Here are some fun stats about both teams.
* A win over Ohio U would be the Buckeyes' 800th all-time victory.
* Ohio State is 1-0 and 0-0 in the Big Ten.
* Ohio University is 0-1 and 0-0 in the Mid-America Conference.
* This is the sixth meeting between the schools in football and the first since 1999.
* Coach Jim Tressel is 74-16 after seven years at Ohio State; 209-73-2 after 22 years overall.
* Ohio State was picked as the Big Ten preseason favorite.
* Coach Frank Solich is 19-19 in four seasons at Ohio and 77-38 overall as a head coach.
* Ohio State is the three-time defending Big Ten champion.
* Crowds of more than 100,000 have seen the last 42 games at Ohio Stadium.
* Football alums Jeff Uhlenhake and Bobby Hoying will be inducted into OSU's Sports Hall of Fame this weekend.
With one more victory, Ohio State will become the fifth major college football program to reach 800 all-time wins. The Buckeyes have an all-time record of 799-304-53 in their 119 seasons.