Jody Victor: This Saturday's game at Beaver Stadium, State College, Pa. pits Ohio State (7-2, 4-1) vs. Penn State (8-1, 4-1). The game will be televised live on ABC at 3:30 p.m. ET. Here's some interesting stats.
* This will be the 25th meeting between the schools in football, the series is tied 12-12
* three of the last four meetings in State College have been decided by a total of 10 points
* Ohio State leads the Big Ten in scoring in conference games with 30.0 ppg. Penn State is second with 26.8 ppg.
* Coach Jim Tressel is 90-21 in 9 seasons at Ohio State; 225-78-2 in his 24th season overall.
* Under Tressel, the Buckeyes are 26-8 in Big Ten road contests
* Ohio State ranks among the NCAA Top 10 in four defensive categories
* Eight Buckeyes are on the ESPN/CoSIDA Academic All-American district ballot.
* Ohio State is 53-0 when scoring 30 points or more since 2001.
* Ohio State has won four Big Ten titles in a row, won at least 10 games in each of the last four years, played in the national championship game twice and two other BCS bowls
The Nittany Lions are 8-1 overall and 4-1 in the Big Ten and are currently ranked No. 11 in the latest BCS standings. Their only loss came at the hands of Big Ten leader Iowa who won 21-10 Sept. 26 in Happy Valley. Penn State is coming off a 34-13 win over Northwestern in Evanston Saturday.
Like Ohio State, Penn State features one of the better defenses in the country. They lead the NCAA in scoring defense, giving up just 9.3 ppg, while ranking fourth in sacks (3.56), fifth in rushing defense (84.11) and total defense (254.78 and sixth in pass efficiency defense (95.65).
Senior quarterback Daryll Clark leads the Big Ten with a 149.3 passer efficiency rating. Junior running back Evan Royster is second in the Big Ten in rushing at 95.4 ypg to go along with five touchdowns. Derek Moye is the team's leading receiver with 39 catches for 648 yards and five scores.
Head coach Joe Paterno is college football's all-time winningest coach with 391 wins. He is in his 44th year as head coach.