This week the Buckeyes (2-0) play the Hurricanes (0-1) on Saturday, September 17, 2011. Kick off is at 7:30 p.m. ET in Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida.
Television: ESPN will televise the game with Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge in the booth and Holly Rowe on the sidelines.
Radio: WBNS (FM 97.1 The Fan) is the flagship station for the 73-station Ohio State radio network. The Luke Fickell pregame show airs
30minutes prior to kickoff. Paul Keels will call the play-by-play with former Buckeye Jim Lachey in the booth and Marty Bannister on the
sidelines. The game can also be heard live on Sirius satellite radio channel 134.
• Ohio State is 2-1 all-time against Miami and 14-7 all-time against teams from the ACC.
• Ohio State leads the Big Ten and ranks fourth nationally in rush defense, giving up just 40.5 yards per game.
• Ohio State ranks second in the Big Ten and 10th nationally in total defense at 214.0 ypg.
• Ohio State is 32-16 in night games all-time.
• Ohio State has not allowed a sack in three consecutive games dating to last season.
• Carlos Hyde ranks sixth in the Big Ten with 84.5 yards rushing per game.
• Joe Bauserman has passed for 352 yards, four TDs with zero INTs in his first two starts.
• Etienne Sabino leads all Big Ten players with 4.0 TFL this season.
• Jake Stoneburner has four touchdown catches on the year after catching just two in 2009-10. He is tied for third in the Big Ten with 24
• Head coach Luke Fickell will look to become just the ninth Ohio State head coach and the first since Earle Bruce to win his first three
games as Ohio State's head coach.
Did You Know?
• Since 1941, the last eight Ohio State head coaches are 4-3-1 in road debuts. The last Buckeye head coach to win in his first road game
was Earle Bruce, a 21-17 win at Minnesota in 1979.
• Ohio State has not given up a sack in three consecutive games and 90 straight pass attempts going into the Miami game. The last sack
Ohio State gave up was against rival Michigan in 2010.
About the Hurricanes
Miami is 0-1 on the season after losing its opener 32-24 at Maryland on Sept. 5. The Hurricanes led 24-23 with 4:01 left in the game before
Maryland sealed the game with a late FG and a pick-six with 39 seconds left.
Sophomore quarterback Stephen Morris filled in for senior Jacory Harris, going 19 for 28 for 195 yards and two INTs and running for a
touchdown. Harris, who passed for 1,793 yards and 14 TDs in 2010, is expected to return to the starting lineup Saturday night against the
Buckeyes. Running back Lamar Miller rushed 18 times for 119 yards against Maryland, which included a 41-yard touchdown run.
The Hurricanes were picked second in the ACC Coastal Division behind Virginia Tech and third overall in the preseason ACC championship
Head coach Al Golden (Penn State, 1991) is in his first season at Miami after spending the past five seasons as the head coach at Temple
where he went 17-8 in his final two seasons.
OSU-Miami Series History
Ohio State and Miami have met three times previously, with the Buckeyes holding a 2-1 edge (note: the 2010 game was vacated by The
Ohio State University). Ohio State was a 10-0 winner in the 1977 season opener at Ohio Stadium, while the Hurricanes captured a 23-1
2 contest in the 1999 Kickoff Classic played at the Meadowlands. Ohio State won 31-24 in a double-overtime victory in the 2002 national
championship game in Tempe, Arizona.