Jody Victor: Ohio State will play the No. 1 team in the country for the first time since the 2003 BCS National Championship game as they travel to California. They'll be playing No. 1 Southern Cal in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (92,000) Saturday, September 13 at 5:20 p.m. – televised in prime time by ABC. Here are some pre-game stats.
* The win over Ohio was the buckeyes' 800th all-time victory.
* Ohio State is 2-0 and 0-0 in the Big Ten.
* Southern California is 1-0 and 0-0 in the Pac-10 Conference.
* This is the 22nd meeting between the schools in football and the first since 1990.
* Coach Jim Tressel is 75-16 in eight seasons at Ohio State; 210-73-2 in his 23rd season overall.
* Ohio State was picked as the Big Ten preseason favorite and is the three-time defending Big Ten Champion.
* Coach Pete Carroll is 77-14 in eight seasons at USC.
* Ohio State is 63-48-7 all-time in road openers
* Crowds of more than 100,000 have seen the last 43 games at Ohio Stadium.
* The Buckeyes have scored at least one touchdown in 141 consecutive games.
The Buckeyes are 16-13-1 all-time in games played in the state of California. Ohio State's first game there was a 28-0 loss to California in the Rose Bowl concluding the 1920 season. The first Ohio State win in California came in 1941 when Pual Brown's first OSU team won 33-0 at Southern Cal.