Jody Victor: This Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010 Ohio State (9-1, 5-1) plays at Iowa (7-3, 4-2) in Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa. Kickoff time is 3:30 pm and the game will be televised by ABC. Until then, here are some facts and stats from osu.edu.
* QB Terrelle Pryor ranks second in the Big Ten and fifth nationally in pass efficiency (166.4)
* Ohio State leads the Big Ten and ranks second in the NCAA in total defense (238.0 ypg) while also leading the league and ranking sixth overall in scoring (41.6 ppg)
* The Buckeyes rank among the NCAA Top 6 in eight statistical categories overall
* QB Terrelle Pryor needs 78 yards rushing to reach 2,000 for his career
* QBs Terrelle Pryor and Ricky Stanzi have 44 TD passes between them this season – they are tied for the Big Ten lead with 22 apiece
* DeVier Posey has caught at least one pass in 24 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the Big Ten
* Daniel “Boom” Herron has scored at least one touchdown in nine consecutive games
Ohio State is the only team that ranks in the Top 10 of both the current USA Today/Coaches' poll and also the APR rankings. Only four teams rank in the Top 25 of both: Ohio State (7 polls/9 APR); Boise State (3/12 APR); TCU (4/21 APR); and Wisconsin (5/21 APR).
The Hawkeyes (7-3, 4-2) enter Saturday's game with a No. 20 BCS ranking after falling in the final minutes at Northwestern last Saturday. Iowa scored 17 straight points and rallied from a first-half deficit, only to surrender two fourth-quarter scoring drives of 85 and 91 yards for the 21-17 setback to the Wildcats.
Iowa features one of the top defenses in the conference, leading the Big Ten in rushing defense (86.8 ypg) and ranking second in scoring defense (15.0 ppg), total defense (307.0 ypg), TO margin (+1.20) and pass efficiency defense (114.1 ypg).
This will be the 63rd meeting between Iowa and Ohio State in a series that began in 1922. The Buckeyes have a 45-14-3 lead thus far and are 28-8-1 in all games played in Columbus and 17-6-2 in games played in Iowa City. Ohio State has won 11 of the last 12 games dating back to 1992. Iowa's 33-7 win in 2004 in Iowa City snapped an eight-game OSU winning streak. The Buckeyes won the last meeting, 38-17, in Iowa City during the 2006 campaign.