Television: ABC will televise the game with Mike Patrick (P-by-P) and Craig James (analyst) on the call.
Radio: WBNS (FM 97.1 The Fan) is the flagship station for the 73-station Ohio State radio network. The Luke Fickell pregame show airs 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Paul Keels will call the play-by-play with former Buckeye Jim Lachey in the booth and Marty Bannister on the sidelines. The game can also be heard live on Sirius satellite radio channel 117 and XM 196.
First and 10
- Ohio State is 3-1 all-time against Colorado and 55-26-2 all-time against current members from the Pac-12 Conference
- The Buckeyes are 9-3 in their last 12 games against current teams in the new Pac-12.
- The Buckeyes fell out of the AP Top 25 for the first time since Nov. 20, 2004 — nearly 7 years and ending the nation's longest current streak of appearances in the Top 25 (103 straight weeks).
- Ohio State is 9-of-11 inside the red zone this season (81.8 percent) with 7 TDs and 2 FGs.
- OSU had its streak of 95 straight pass attempts without allowing a sack snapped at Miami.
- Ohio State ranks first in the Big Ten in fewest penalties: 9 for 67 yards.
- Junior Jordan Hall racked up 123 all-purpose yards in his season debut last week vs. Miami.
- Etienne Sabino leads all Big Ten players with 4.5 TFL this season.
- Ohio State is 54-5 at Ohio Stadium since the start of the 2002 season.
- Ohio State has won 56 consecutive regular-season non-conference home games against teams not ranked in the AP Top 25.
About the Buffaloes
Colorado, in its first season as a member of the Pac-12 Conference, is 1-2 on the season after defeating in-state rival Colorado State last Saturday, 28-14, at Mile High Stadium in Denver. The Buffaloes opened the season with a 34-17 loss at Hawaii and a 36-33 overtime loss to California.
The Buffaloes average just under 400 yards a game on offense (394.0), ranking 22nd nationally with 304.0 yards passing per game. Defensively, they rank 12th with 3.67 sacks per game.
Senior running back Rodney “Speedy” Stewart rushed 19 times for 98 yards and caught seven passes for 93 for 191 yards of total offense vs. CSU. Quarterback Tyler Hansen completed 17 of 32 passes for 215 yards after setting a school-record 474 the week before in the overtime loss to California. Hansen ranks 17th nationally in total offense at 309.7 yards per game while wide receiver Paul Richardson is 11th in receiving yards per game (120.0).
Jon Embree (Colorado, 1987), a former Buffs tight end, is in his first season as head coach. He served as an assistant at Colorado for 10 season (1993-2002) under three different head coaches; Bill McCartney (1993-94), Rick Neuheisel (1995-98) and Gary Barnett (1999-2002). As a player he earned first-team all-Big 8 honors in 1984, setting school single-season records for receptions and receiving yards.
OSU-Colorado Series History
Ohio State and Colorado have met four previous times, the last coming in 1986 in Columbus. The Buckeyes hold a 3-1 edge in the series, with the first meeting coming in 1971, a 20-14 Colorado win. Ohio State has won the last three.