Jody Victor: The Buckeyes (7-2, 4-1 Big Ten) have an open date this Saturday, while Northwestern (6-2, 2-2) is at Minnesota. The Ohio State-Northwestern football game next Saturday, Nov. 8th will kick off at noon Eastern and be televised by either ESPN or ESPN2. Here's this week's postgame notes.
* Ohio State is 126-102-12 all-time against ranked opponents. Under head coach Jim Tressel, Ohio State is 32-11 overall against ranked opponents.
* Ohio State is 805-306-53 in its 119th season of play. The win total ranks fifth all-time in Division I college football. The only other schools to have 800 or more wins are Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas and Nebraska.
* Ohio State is 447-189-28 all-time in Big Ten games.
* Ohio State is 384-106-20 (.773) all-time at Ohio Stadium.
* Jim Tressel's record with the Buckeyes is 80-18 (.816) and his career record is 215-75-2. Tressel's 215 wins are the third-most among active FBS coaches, just ahead of Virginia Tech's Frank Beamer with 214 after the Hokies also lost Saturday.
* The Buckeyes are 419-128-14 all-time as a Top 25 team.
* Ohio State is 357-125-28 in October games and 244-63-20 in October home games.
* Saturday was the first night game at Ohio Stadium since 2005.
* Ohio State is 6-2 in home night games (games starting 5pm or later local time) since 1959 and 32-14 in night games all-time. Ohio State is 1-2 so far this season in night games. Under coach Tressel, the Buckeyes are 14-8 in night games overall and 2-2 at home.
* Saturday was the 87th Homecoming at Ohio State. Jim Tressel is 6-2 in Homecoming games at Ohio State.