Jody Victor: This week's home game pits Ohio State (5-3, 2-2) vs Indiana (1-8, 0-5) on Saturday November 5, 2011 at Noon ET. The game is in the great Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio. In the meantime here's some great Buckeye football news from osu.edu and OhioStateBuckeyes.com.
Television: BTN will televise the game with Tom Hart and Derek Rackley in the booth and Lisa Byington on the sidelines.
Radio: WBNS (FM 97.1 The Fan) is the flagship station for the 73-station Ohio State radio network. The Luke Fickell pregame show airs 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Paul Keels will call the play-by-play with former Buckeye Jim Lachey in the booth and Marty Bannister on the sidelines. The game can also be heard on Sirius satellite radio channel 128 and XM channel 196.
First and 10
- Head coach Luke Fickell picked up his second consecutive victory over a ranked opponent with the 33-29 win vs. No. 15 Wisconsin Oct. 29.
- The Buckeyes are 14-1 in November games since the start of the 2005 season (not including 2010).
- Braxton Miller is one of just three true freshman starting QBs among FBS schools.
- Miller is the reigning Big Ten freshman of the week after posting 188 yards and 3 TDs in the win over Wisconsin.
- Senior RB Dan “Boom” Herron carried the ball a career-high 33 times for 160 yards vs. the Badgers.
- The Buckeyes are 20-1 in Herron's career when he rushes for at least 55 yards.
- Herron is 32 rushing yards shy of recording 2,500 for his career.
- Junior DL John Simon has 7.0 TFL in the past three games and 4.0 sacks in his last two — both against ranked opponents.
- Kicker Drew Basil has connected on 10 consecutive field goal attempts.
- Ohio State's last two wins over ranked opponents had a combined record of 12-1.
Ohio State vs. Indiana
Ohio State, after coming through a rugged month of October 2-2 against ranked Michigan State, Nebraska, Illinois and Wisconsin, opens the month of November at home on Saturday against the Indiana Hoosiers in a 12 noon game on the Big Ten Network.
The Buckeyes, under the direction of first-year coach Luke Fickell, are 5-3 overall and in second place in the Big Ten Leaders Division behind Penn State (8-1 and 4-0) with a 2-2 record. The Hoosiers, also with a first-year coach in Kevin Wilson, are 1-8 overall and 0-5 in the division.
Ohio State leads the all-time series with Indiana 66-12-5. The Buckeyes have won 15 straight from the Hoosiers since a 41-7 loss in 1988 in Bloomington that represents the most lopsided setback for Ohio State in the 109-year-old series (first played in 1901). The Buckeyes have put together several winning streaks during the series, the longest of which was a 23-game stretch between 1960 and 1986.(Note: the 2010 season was vacated by The Ohio State University)
Buckeyes in November
The Buckeyes boast an all-time record of 287-132-19 in November games. Ohio State is 180-78-11 in November home games and 107-54-8 on the road that month.
The Buckeyes are 14-1 in November games since 2005, suffering a 28-21 loss to Illinois Nov. 10, 2007. (Note: the 2010 season was vacated by The Ohio State University)