Jody Victor: The Ohio State University quarter is coming to an end. The last day of scheduled classes is on Friday but the students who are attending classes over the summer have something exciting to look forward to…the new Recreation and Physical Activity Center (RPAC). This sweet new Center is scheduled to open on June 20th and I’m sure there will be a line of students just waiting to get in.
RPAC will present over 600,000 square feet of recreation and wellness space, along with study area options. Also included in RPAC will be a new and unique university dining option. Three new state-of-the-art recreational swimming pools will also be housed in RPAC, along with a 25-person hot tub and two saunas. RPAC is a full service recreation center for students of The Ohio State University. Memberships also are available for faculty, staff, family members and alumni.
RPAC is a joint project of the Department of Recreational Sports, the
The Recreation and
- Over 25,000 square feet of fitness space featuring state-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment
- 4 gyms with 12 courts for basketball, volleyball, or badminton, including the Tom W. Davis Special Events Gym (8 courts in Phase I; 4 courts in Phase II)
- 4 squash courts with moveable side walls and glass back walls (Phase II)
- 10 racquetball courts with glass back walls
- 4-lane jogging/walking track; 8-9 laps/mile
- 5 aerobic/multipurpose rooms (4 in Phase I; 1 in Phase II)
- Locker rooms with private showers and dressing rooms
- Massage therapy rooms
- New aquatic facility with a recreation lap pool, class instructional pool, leisure pool, whirlpool spa, two saunas, and the Bill and Mae McCorkle Aquatic Pavilion. The aquatic facility is scheduled to open in mid-summer 2005.
- Athletic training services
- Personal training consultations and clinics
- New dining options
- Family changing rooms
- Adjustable basketball rims
- Family hours
- Baby-sitting Rooms
- 2 central campus locations
- Mary A. Daniels Student Wellness Suite
RPAC Anticipated hours of operation:
Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m. to Midnight
Friday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday, 8 a.m. to Midnight
Too bad I live a few hours away otherwise I would definitely purchase a membership. This is just one more reason why OSU is the best! I can’t wait to hear more about this addition.