Jody Victor: This week the Buckeyes travel to Madison, Wisconsin to play the Badgers for the first time since the 2003 season. The Buckeyes are ranked 12th this week in the USA Today/AFCA coaches' poll, 14th in the associated Press media poll and 14 in this season's first edition of the Harris Poll, released Sunday. Wisconsin is ranked 17th by the coaches, 18th by AP and 16 in the Harris rankings this week.
The series between the Buckeyes and the Badgers, which dates back to 1913, shows Ohio State with a 51-17-5 lead. In games played in Madison, the Buckeyes lead 23-10-2. Ohio State has a slight 6-5-1 advantage over the last 12 meetings (back through 1980).
* Ohio State is 4-1 and 1-0 in the Big Ten
* Wisconsin is 3-1 and 0-1 in the Big Ten
* This is the 74th meeting between the schools in football
* Coach Jim Tressel is 77-17 in eight seasons at Ohio State; 212-74-2 in his 23rd season overall
* Ohio State was picked as Big Ten preseason favorite and is the three-time defending Big Ten champion., Wisconsin was picked second in the preseason Big Ten poll
* Coach Bret Bielema is 24-6 in three seasons at Wisconsin
* Ohio State is 6-3 in Big Ten night games on the road under Jim tressel
This Saturday the 8 p.m. Eastern game at Camp Randall Stadium will be televised by ABC.