COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio State baseball team hosts Eastern Michigan Tuesday and Dayton Wednesday at Nick Swisher Field at Bill Davis Stadium. Both games are slated for 6:35 p.m. Live stats and a link to a live video stream can be found on the baseball schedule page at OhioStateBuckeyes.com or fans can follow twitter.com/OhioState_BASE for updates.
OHIO STATE OF LATE
Ohio State was swept in three one-run contests over the weekend at Nebraska. The Buckeyes dropped the opener, 3-2, before suffering a 4-3 walk-off defeat in the middle game and a 2-1 loss, also on a walk-off, in the finale.
Ohio State starting pitchers allowed two earned runs over 22.0 innings pitched on the weekend while Nick Sergakis stood out offensively, going 4-for-10 with a run scored.
OSU VS. NEBRASKA NOTES
– Jacob Bosiokovic picked up his 10th multi-hit game of the season Sunday.
– The Ohio State starters in the series (Greg Greve, Tanner Tully and Jake Post) tossed 22.0 innings, allowing two earned runs (a 0.82 ERA) on 15 hits while striking out 10.
– Ryan Leffel extended his hitting streak to six games Saturday.
– Troy Montgomery picked up his fourth multi-hit game of the season while Nick Sergakis tallied his third Saturday.
– Tully pitched a career-high 7.1 innings, striking out a career-best six while allowing one run on three hits in the middle game.
– Post pitched very well but suffered the tough-luck loss to drop to 3-3 on the season after tossing a career-high 8.2 innings, allowing two runs, one earned, on seven hits Sunday.
– The 1:45 game time Sunday marked the Buckeyes’ fastest game of the season and the quickest since a 1:43 game in a 1-0 defeat at Minnesota April 7 of last season.
GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS! GO BUCKS!